Makhachkala, April 10, 2014. The world-renowned master chef Thomas Gugler visited Daghestan at the invitation of Daghestan Permanent Mission at the Russian President and the Russian Culinary Association. The winner of numerous awards arrived in Daghestan to conduct master classes for Daghestani cookery specialists.
One of the workshops took place in the trading house KIRGU in Makhachkala. Thomas Gugler is called the most famous and successful chef in the world. Royal families of Thailand, Sweden, Monaco and Saudi Arabia, Madonna, Angela Merkel, Jacques Chirac, Elton John, Frank Sinatra, Liza Minnelli - and this is not a complete list of those for whom the famous master chef prepared his fine cuisine.
Thomas Gugler showed how to cook, rabbit, meat and Kutum fish.
Replying to a question from the representative of Daghestani mass media about his taste preferences, the master chef replied: "Vegetables, mushrooms, game and more greens."
Thomas believes to be a successful chef, you need to learn the skill - it's 70 % success rate, while the remaining 30 % - it's a talent.
"For the common man is difficult to prepare a prescription, and I'm viewing at the recipe, I realize if it will be good or not. Therefore, during the process of cooking, "meals" should be definitely tasted"- chef says. He also believes that today, in a modern life everyone can mix different cuisines, flavors and techniques.
"Today, people travel a lot. Having returned home, they want to try cooking what they eat there ," - the chef said.
Sharing his impressions about Daghestan, Thomas Gugler noted that it was impossible for 3-4 days to discover the republic well.
"In order to truly understand the Daghestani cuisine, it is necessary to stay here at least for 3-4 weeks, to visit so many places at different restaurants. I loved Daghestan. I came into the country at the end of last week and have already visited the Chirkeysk hydropower plant, trout farm, Derbent fortress, Daghestani mountains. I got to know how people live in villages. Daghestanis is very pleasant, hospitable people, always willing to help. Hospitality in Daghestan is absolutely fantastic ", - T. Gugler pointed out.
To summarize the event, the organizer of the trip, the assistant of Permanent Representative Makhach Vagabov noted that the idea to invite the guests to Daghestan had come to him long time ago. "Through cultural dialogue we can relax tensions between nations. We have a lot of decent, talented, respected people, the creative power of the population are endless. We have to show that Daghestan is a positive republic.
To talk about it, to draw attention and to convey this information to the consciousness of Russians and citizens of the world is our task. Of course, some movies will not solve this problem, it is necessary to work in this direction continuously and then the result will be "- Vagabov concluded.
Chef of King of Saudi Arabia Thomas Gugler provides master class in Daghestan10 April 2014 11:19 Posted in: SOCIETY Source : RIA"Dagestan" Author: Djuma Mugutdinova